Thursday, January 1, 2015

Resolutions... Sort of

I'm terrible at New Years Resolutions, mainly because I believe everyday, no matter the time of the year, is meant for goals. I always try to better myself and find new things to learn. It just so happens I'm turning sappy in my old age and I have decided that I'm going to make some goals vocal... on the internet. 

Sigh

The world is changing and I can't help but fall to some of its magical inventions. :)

So, here's my resolutions for 2015:

1. I want to be more active on G+ and through my blog. I'll also want to post more on my wordpress and author facebook page, but those are only secondary to the first two. I'm going to struggle, trying to find things I believe are worth typing down and letting go of some of the fear that people are going to hate what I have to say. It is also tough for me to want to reach out to people, not because I dislike networking but because I feel awkward doing so. I'm used to talking to people face-to-face and it is going to take a lot of practice for me to get past that. 

2. I need to button down on finishing multiple projects and writing at least one hour everyday. To do this I am going to research ways to grasp time management and figure out a plan of how to map this out. Also, I want to strive to publish two novels (Riding and Kill Match) and a novella (Unknown) by the end of the year. I want to do all of this no later than October. 

3. I am going to research better and more productive ways to market my novels. I need a better strategy for book launches and to learn how to network more efficiently. I feel like this is an area that I could vastly improve on. 

4. I want to join an in person writing group. Every time I try to do this I chicken out. 2015 is my year!

and finally 

5. I want to grow an audience. My first step towards this is participating in Saturday Scenes every week. I also want to look into doing conventions for authors/readers and look for events that I think my genre will fit in. I know that I will need to get more comfortable talking about what I do and be able to promote myself flawlessly. This is going to take me knowing myself and my writing inside and out. 

Of course there are other things pertaining to friendships and health but these are my writing goals. Needless to say I am looking forward to 2015. I would love to hear everyone else's goals too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment